POP3 allows you to access your emails in a 3rd party application. You can download your messages from to a single computer or device from a server, then delete from the server i.e. only copy of your emails will be on that computer. IMAP is an efficient method to retrieve emails from a mail server. Your messages have stored in the server, and whenever you check your mail, the email client contacts the server to get your messages.
Your messages won’t be download to your computer, so you can sync your account on multiple systems. If you will change from POP3 to IMAP, only the new messages will move from the server to your computer. To get into more details about this contact on the customer helpline number.
When the transfer of your Verizone.net email to AOL email, follow these steps to set up your 3rd party client.
Ensure that you change your server settings as
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizone.net
How to update AOL email settings in Outlook?
If you are using a PC then follow these steps:
- Click on File and select Add accounts.
- Then enter your email address in the required field.
- Enter your password and click on OK.
If you are using MAC then follow these steps:
- Launch Outlook and click on preferences and then Account.
- Click on the plus sign and then select New Account.
- Type your email Address and password and click on Add Account.
- Since you are using a POP3 account, you might be taken to a link where you will be asked to allow Outlook to access your Click Allow.
- Select save.
How to update email settings in iOS mail?
- Go to settings from the home screen of your device.
- Tap on mail option.
- Tap on your Verizon account.
- Enter the new password in the required field then tap on smtp.verizon.net in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on smtp.verizon.net in the new menu.
- Type your new password and select done.
Also Read:Change AOL Password on iPhone
This was all about this, to know more and if you face any problem related to POP#, verizone.net and AOL you can call on the AOL Customer Helpline Number.