AOL Mail is a top-rated email service that is used by millions of people all over the world. From sharing personal greetings with family and friends to sending business documents and files to your coworkers and clients, AOL Mail is the number one choice for many people because it is easy to use. However, because of certain network errors or compatibility issues with third-party programs, users are sometimes unable to access their AOL email account. This article will give you a general overview of how the AOL email sign in issue so that you can access your emails. You can also call the AOL Verizon customer support number and get details about more advanced troubleshooting steps to solve the login errors.
Steps to fix errors and access AOL Mail
Since it is often difficult one single reason why you are unable to access your AOL email account, it makes sense to try different solutions to rectify the error. Here’s a quick look at some basic troubleshooting steps you can use to resolve the AOL Mail issue and regain access to your email account:
- Check the settings of the anti-virus software installed on your computer and make sure it does not interfere with AOL Mail.
- Update the internet browser and clear the cache and cookies before you sign in to your AOL email account.
- Change the firewall settings on your computer and white list AOL Mail so that the web-page can load without any problem.
- Clear the junk files on your hard drive and restart your computer to improve the system performance so that AOL Mail loads quickly.
- If you have a pop-up blocker installed on your browser you should temporarily disable the blocking software before you access AOL Mail.
- Close all the open tabs on your browser and pause any active downloads. This will help to improve the net speed so you can access AOL.
- Try opening AOL Mail using a different browser or a different computer to verify if the error is with the system or the website.
- Use any one of the account recovery methods listed on the AOL ‘Sign-in Helper’ page and recover your account.
- Check the display name to ensure it does not have any combination of “AOL.” If you notice any changes in the display name, it indicates your account is compromised.
The steps mentioned above are in no particular order and need not be followed chronologically. You can implement the solutions one by one to check if you can access your AOL email account. If you find that you cannot open AOL Mail and the AOL email sign in issue persists even after following all the steps mentioned in this article you can all the AOL customer support number and speak to a trained software expert to resolve the error. Email technicians are available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you a detailed guide on how to access AOL verizon emails so that you can get in touch with your friends, family or business associates.