AOL Email is an incredible email preferred by millions of people across the globe. It provides a wide array of features which always attract the users. From offering a great attachment limit in every email to compatibility with every platform, AOL mail is more expressive in many terms. But many times, various error messages interrupt the users from using their mail. And one such error is ‘the message was not sent because of an error.aol’. The best part about this specific AOL error is that you can troubleshoot it on your end and that too without any assistance. Alternatively, you can visit for AOL Email customer care number for any sort of further guidance.
You can try the troubleshooting options mentioned under to resolve the error from creating a hindrance in your usage. Just make sure that you follow the points perfectly.
Solution: How to fix the AOL Error ‘the message was not sent because of an error’
- Give a pause: this is the best option you can always try and that is to wait for a couple of minutes and take a rest. Then try to send an email.
- Check the AOL: if you still see the error message prompt on your screen then you need to verify the letters of AOL or A.O.L. are not mistyped with your AOL Account display name.
- Check the display name: there can be chances that you might have recently recovered from a hacked account and you are addressing this error message. So you should make sure that the account name is correct. Click on the options button > select mail settings > click compose and scroll down to look for display name area.
- Make sure the software is up to date
- Check the status of cookies and if they are disabled then enable them
- Clear all cache, cookies and temporary files
- Try to use a different browser to log in to your account
If you end up trying all the solutions that are enlisted but find no way of success then you should immediately dial AOL Email support that stays active 24 hours of the day to avail the help from technical assistants.