Have you recently been gifted with an Echo dot but you don’t know how to do the Wi-Fi configuration? If your answer is yes then you are at the right post. With the motive of making the lives of users simpler, the manufacturers came with the Echo smart speakers. Now they are available in many versions like Echo dot, show, plus and many more. But this blog is specifically about doing the network configuration of Echo dot. For other Echo device setups, you can any time connect with Echo Alexa support where the technical representatives will guide you thoroughly with the steps.
The Echo device has bigger speakers according to its size. Even there is another version of the second-generation dot that is quite smaller. There is a volume control on top as buttons. The best advantage of this device is that it can be used without other Alexa devices. There are two methods for the Wi-Fi setup.
Configuring Alexa Echo dot via the app
- Download the Alexa app from the play or app store depending upon the device you are using
- Log in to your account or create one and follow the instructions
- Choose the Echo Dot and the language you want
- Wait for the orange light around your Echo Dot then choose continue to confirm.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the password
- Your Echo Dot is ready and you can start talking to Alexa
Configuring Alexa Echo Dot via the website
- Go to official Alexa website and log in to your account
- Click settings and then set up a new device
- Choose Echo dot and then the preferred language
- Connect to the Wi-Fi and then connect your Echo to the power supply
- When the Echo Dot says ‘Ready for setup’ connect directly to the Wi-Fi network that has been created
- Find your network from the drop-down list and click to use
- You can now use your Echo Dot
Once the configuration is done as desired, you can use the Alexa dot without any further complications. Moreover, you can connect the echo dot to an external speaker. In case of guidance, contact Echo Alexa support. You will receive instant support from the technicians.