Mozilla Thunderbird is an email application which faces some unnecessary issues. The concerns are put up by different users. Thunderbird has its share of issues, mainly when the users operate it on Windows 10. One of the basic ones includes where the email service doesn’t respond and runs slow. It either keeps crashing or hangs in between while using the application. It becomes a trouble for the people as they can’t access the service to and fro. Read this blog and understand the ways to fix the error. You can also reach out to the technical experts at Thunderbird Customer Service Number and have a word with them.
There are different sets of solutions provided to make it more easy and convenient for you. You can start with implementing them one by one and see if they resolve your issue or not.
Solution 1- Disable the antivirus application that blocks Thunderbird
Many times, the antivirus application installed in your system can pose Thunderbird issues. The tools interfere with the system, thereby blocking some applications. Maybe the antivirus has blocked the Thunderbird application. You can verify whether this is the case of not. Otherwise, you can either disable specific antivirus features or the entire application. If the issue is persistent, you can also uninstall it. You need not worry as with Windows Defender; the PC will not be at risk.
Solution 2- Update Mozilla Thunderbird
Outdated versions of Thunderbird can become a problem, especially if the users are opening the application on Windows 10. You can always check for the latest updates and make sure to install them to avoid any future troubles.
Solution 3- Run Mozilla Thunderbird in a safe mode
If any third party application causes Thunderbird to freeze in between, you need to run it in safe mode. To run Mozilla Thunderbird in safe mode, follow the instructions shared below
- Tap the Windows Key, and I key together to open Settings App
- Click on Update and Security
- From the left pane, click on Recovery and then choose the option of Restart Now
- Now, from the given list of options click on Troubleshoot, then on Advanced options and later on Startup settings.
- Click on the Restart button and then the specif key on the keyboard to select the version f the Safe Mode
- Now start Mozilla Thunderbird
Solution 4- Disable Thunderbird add-ons
If the third-party add ons that are installed are posing a problem, then you need to disable them
- Press the Shift key and run Thunderbird application
- Check the box which says Disable all add-ons
- Click on Continue in safe mode
Solution 5- Contact Mozilla Thunderbird customer care
If the above solutions do not work, then without wasting any time contact Mozilla Thunderbird phone number. Promptly connect to the techies for the solution.