With every version of Windows is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Dell computers are compatible. But if you are one of those users who doesn’t know how to install Windows 8 on the Dell Computer then you need to immediately call Dell Customer Support Number so as to speak with the experts who can provide you with the prompt advice.
Steps for installing Windows 8 on Dell Computer
One can also refer this blog for understanding the steps which must be used for installing it.
- Insert the CD of Windows 8 installation into the CD drive of your computer. Now you need to follow the below mentioned steps as per the specification of your computer:
1st Option: You should check the logo screen of your computer and if it does not support the UEFI BIOS then you need to enter f12 key continuously. You need to press it until the screen shows the option of Please select boot device. Now you need to select CD/DVD/ device and then hit enter.
2nd option : If your computer is supporting UEFI BIOS then you have to continuously press F2 Key till System Setup does not come up.
Once you are done with these steps now follow these steps:
- Depending upon the type of BIOS, find the BIOS section and then make sure the following things:
- If Boot Mode is set to UEFI or not
- You need to disable Secure Boot mode
- For the booting following boot devices should be the first item in the list: CD/DVD/CDRW and Internal ODD device
- Save all these can come out of the system setup and restart your Dell computer
Now on the computer screen, you can see the Windows setup.
- You have to select the language of your choice, Time, and format of currency and then click on the Next
- Click to choose the option of Install Now. Here you will be asked to enter the product key
- Find 25 character product key on the case of CD and enter it on the field provided and then hit Next
- After accepting the license agreement, click on Continue.
- Here you need to choose the type of installation you want to do. Make sure you chose custom installation. Don’t forget to make a backup of your system
- When windows will be in the last stage of installation your Dell computer will restart several times. After a few seconds installation will be complete.
If you find any difficulty in installing Windows 8 on your Dell computer then you are free to call Dell Contact Number. Because this number stays accessible at all time round the clock to help users in need.