The internet can be seen as an enormous vault of knowledge with innumerable books, songs, videos, images and much more. Through the internet, users have access to a wealth of information and data that they can download and use. The Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool that helps to increase download speeds on your internet browser. The software uses file segmentation and multipart downloading technology to improve your download speed. Apart from download speed, the IDM software has many features that allow you to schedule and plan downloads, restart broken downloads etc. The Internet Download Manager also employs a simple graphic user interface which makes it extremely easy to use. And the cherry on the cake is that Internet Download Manager is compatible with almost all popular browsers including Mozilla Firefox. To know more about how to use Internet Download Manager on your browser you can call the Mozilla Firefox customer support number given on the website.
Even though Mozilla has its own integrated downloading capabilities to save time and it is better to use the Internet Download Manager if there are many files. Normally when you install the Internet Download Manager it integrates with Firefox automatically. In case it does not, and if you need to know how to fix Internet Download Manager on Mozilla Firefox then this article is just for you. Simply downloading the Internet Download Manager software on your computer is not enough you have to make sure it is enabled on Firefox.
Steps to enable Internet Download Manager on Firefox
If you see that the Internet Download Manager in Firefox is experiencing errors then it is probably because the IDM software is not properly enabled. You can follow the steps given below to enable Internet Download Manager on Firefox:
- Go to the official Internet Download Manager website to download and install the latest version of the software.
- Restart your browser so that the Internet Download Manager integrates with Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to the menu bar in Internet Download Manager and click on ‘Downloads’ and ‘Options’.
- Open the general tab and make sure that there is a checkmark with the option “Mozilla Firefox” so that you can capture downloads from the browser,
- Search for the option to customize IDM menu items and click the ‘Firefox and other Mozilla based’ tab.
- You should also check that the ‘Download with IDM’ and the ‘Download all links with IDM’ options are enabled.
- Now go to the Firefox browser settings and click ‘Add-ons’
- Select ‘Extensions’ and see that the ‘IDM’ extension is enabled.
Once all these settings are in place close all the windows and restart your Mozilla browser. If you see that the Internet Download Manager is still not working on your browser you can call the Mozilla Firefox customer care number and reach out to a trained technician for additional technical support. The customer care helpline is always active and you can reach out to a Mozilla representative 24 hours a day.