Mozilla Thunderbird is a free email client software using which the users can send and receive emails from their domain email accounts. The process of downloading and setting up Mozilla Thunderbird is an easy process, once the users have successfully setup Mozilla Thunderbird they can avail some great features on their desktop. The users can easily download Mozilla Thunderbird email from the official website of Mozilla. The users can learn more about this by connecting with Mozilla Thunderbird Customer Care Number. The most ideal way to get this process done has been explained in this blog.
Basic Requirements for Mozilla Thunderbird
There are certain requirements which the users would have to cater to while downloading Mozilla Thunderbird on their system. The basic requirements that need to be given attention are as given below:
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 or later
Mac: Mac OD X 10.9 or later
Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
If you wish to use to features of Mozilla Thunderbird, it is essential that you provide the basic requirements for needed for Thunderbird.
Process of Configuration
If you wish to configure your email account, there are certain things that you would have to follow and understand. The process that you would have to follow are as given below:
- The users would have to configure the Incoming mail server and port settings.
- The users would also have to configure the outgoing mail server.
- Further, you would have to organize the security settings for the connection with the server.
Steps for Configuration
The steps that the users would have to undertake in order to configure Mozilla Thunderbird. These steps are as given below:
- The users would have to access the account settings, which can be found when you navigate through Tools option. You would be able to see that each email or newsgroup account has already been configured and is on the left side of the account settings dialog. These accounts relate to the top level folders displayed in the Folders list.
- Now click on the Account Actions button and then select the option of Add Mail Account.
- You would then have to enter your email account, along with the password and then click on the Continue option. Thunderbird would then try to fetch your email account settings based on the domain portion of your email address.
You would also have the option of providing the server names manually by restricting the automatic configuration option.
- Then, you would have to configure the outgoing mail server for your email account. Generally, the hosting providers use the same server for both the incoming and outgoing.
Further in the Account Settings dialog, which is on the left pane, choose Outgoing Server (SMTP). You would then have to either edit the entry or add a new entry.
The configure the outgoing mail server with port and security.
Once you have saved all the said information about the new outgoing server, select your new email account from the given list.
- After saving all the changes made, you would be able to send and receive emails easily on Mozilla Thunderbird.
If you come across any issue while following the process given above, then you would have the option of connecting with Mozilla Thunderbird Contact Number.