Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source email which was brought to the market in 2003. This email service is also available on all the prominent platforms. This program helps the users connect as a hub where you can organize all your email addresses and the messages you would receive from one location. With various updates which this program provides, Thunderbird has expanded its functionality. This program now includes tools such as address book, activity manager, and message search. When users decide to use this program, they often get caught up in one issue. This issue is that the users do not have the complete knowledge of how to configure Mozilla Thunderbird and it mostly happens when the users try to install it on Windows 10. Having said all this, it is also necessary that the users understand that the process to configure Mozilla Thunderbird is simple and can be undertaken by any individual. When the users find themselves caught up with such an issue, they would have the option of connecting with Mozilla tech support number. The users can also seek more information by having a look through this entire blog.
The accurate process to configure Mozilla Thunderbird
The most precise process which the users must incorporate is as given below. When the users follow these instructions carefully, then they would be able to solve your issue efficiently.
- The users would have to download and install Thunderbird. You can do so easily by accessing Mozilla Thunderbird’s official website.
- Further, open the ‘Tools’ menu and click on ‘Accounting Settings.’
- Also, you would have to select ‘Email account’ in the account wizard and finally click on ‘Next.’
- Now you would have to enter your Name and Email address the in fields that are provided to you.
- You can now choose the Post office protocol (POP) or Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) for your incoming server. You can name the server according to the type that you would choose, POP is ‘pop.secureserver.net,’ and IMAP is ‘imap.secureserver.net.’ Once you are done with this, click on ‘Next.’
- Both these protocols support the retrieval of emails remotely, but POP would also save messages in a local folder on the user’s system. IMAP can also merely access the emails from the remote server. It has also been seen that most ISPs prefer POP over IMAP.
- You can now type your email address for the ‘Incoming User Name’ and ‘Outgoing User Name.’
- Once you click on ‘Finish,’ you would have confirmed all the information is accurate.
- Further, enter ‘smtp.secureserver.net’ in the server name field. Also, change the port name to 80.
- Finally, click on ‘User name and password’ and enter your email address in the ‘User Name’ field and click on OK.
If the users are unable to configure this program using the steps given above, then they would have to connect with Mozilla Firefox customer service number promptly. This service is accessible by the users on a 24-hour basis and is entirely free of any expense.