The Echo Dot is a 2nd generation smart speaker that was developed by Amazon after the launch and success of the Amazon Echo device. This product is also a form of the smart speaker and it has a lot of similarities with its predecessor. Just like Echo, this device is also a voice-controlled smart speaker and unlike Echo, Echo dot has a smaller circumference and radius making it the perfect companion for traveling due to its unique travel-friendly size. It retains all of Echo’s features and functionality except for a few. Echo Dot does not have a large, high-quality audio speaker, instead, it comes with a Bluetooth and a 3.5mm audio cable that can be used to connect echo dot to external speakers. It also comes with the same Amazon virtual assistant Alexa and through her, you can pretty much do all the things that Echo could do. For example, answering questions, providing updates on news, weather, and traffic, play music etc. And since Echo Dot requires a constant internet connection, you cannot use Alexa in places where there is no internet connectivity. If you aren’t satisfied with this information you can contact Echo Dot customer support number and get the detailed information and idea you want about Echo Dot.
Features of Echo Dot
Although there are certain things that Echo Dot can’t do, this mini speaker comes with a buck load of features that make it desirable and enticing to the customers. These features are what makes Echo Dot a unique product unlike any other. Some of the unique features that come with the purchase of an Amazon Echo Dot are:
- Made for any room: Because of its size and portability, Echo Dot can be kept anywhere. It can be kept in the kitchen to be used as a timer while cooking or in the bedroom to use as an alarm clock or to dim the lights if you want.
- Voice control your music: It has hands free, voice-activated control over Amazon music, Pandora, Spotify etc.
- Multi-room music support: This feature enables you to connect to multiple echo dot devices at one and play it in multiple rooms.
- Far-field voice recognition: This small mini speaker is packed with 7 microphones that enable the device to pick up on your commands more accurately and also enhanced noise cancellation.
- Alexa calling and messaging: Just like its predecessor, echo dot is also capable of calling and messaging anyone who also has an echo device with them.
- Alexa app: Echo dot also comes with an Alexa app through which you can set up and manage your Echo Dot device.
Issues with Echo Dot
The features mentioned above are enough to attract an interested customer to purchase the product right away. And although these features aren’t the most unique features in the world it is enough to make it a reliable and ‘worth buying’ kind of product especially for those who are always on the go. But there also traces of imperfection and errors that cannot be ignored. Some of the most commonly occurring issues of Echo Dot are:
- There are complications while setting up and configuring the device.
- Even with the 7 inbuilt microphones, it can still have a problem while trying to process your commands.
- Users often face problems while trying to connect the Echo Dot to other devices.
- Although Alexa is an integrated part of Echo Dot, it still fails to connect to the virtual assistant.
- It fails to connect to the Wi-Fi while trying to set up a network.
- Sometimes even after installing and setting it up for the first time, Echo Dot fails to turn on and respond.
These features can prove to be very annoying at times and also requires instant fixes. So if you ever come across such errors take care of it right away or if you cannot handle it on your own, you can contact Echo Dot technical support number. Through this number, you will get professional help from qualified personnel.
- First of all, you need to download the Alexa App and sign in.
- Now, turn on the echo dot and make it sure that it is kept almost 20cm away from the wall.
- Plug in the adapter and wait for the light to turn from blue to orange. When the color changes to orange, you will be greeted by Alexa.
- Connect the device to the Wi-Fi and get the Echo Dot app started.
- Go to the Alexa app and choose ‘Alexa devices’ and under this select ‘add Alexa device’.
- Now activate Alexa by saying the wake word. The wake word can either be ‘Alexa’ or ‘echo’ according to your preference.
- Open the Alexa app using your Amazon username and password.
- Press the ‘action’ button on your Echo dot and wait till the light turns orange.
- Now, go to the menu and select Alexa devices.
- Choose the echo device you want to register.
- Your Echo Dot must be registered to the Amazon account.
- You should sign up for either Amazon prime music or other music service providers.
- Check whether you have a strong internet connection.
- Restart your device all over again
- Make sure to place the Bluetooth device near the Echo Dot.
- Turn off and turn on both the echo and the Bluetooth device.
- Or you can un-pair and pair these two devices again.